Dear Business Partner,
Please be informed that the Romanian Ministry of Finance has decided to implement the RO e-Transport system as of 1 July 2022. RO e-Transport is an electronic system that is used to monitor road transport of goods with a high tax risk in Romania.
List of goods with a high fiscal risk:
• Vegetables, plants, roots and tubers, food – CN codes 0701 to 0714 inclusive;
• Edible fruits; peel of citrus fruits or melons – CN codes 0801 to 0814 inclusive;
• Beverages, alcoholic liquids and vinegar (except goods subject to consumption tax, which are transported under the regime with conditional exemption from tax) – CN codes 2201 to 2208 inclusive;
• Salt; sulfur; soils and stones; plaster, lime and cement – CN codes 2505 and 2517;
• Clothing and clothing accessories, knitted or crocheted – CN codes 6101 to 6117 inclusive;
• Clothing and clothing accessories other than knitted or crocheted – CN codes 6201 to 6212 inclusive and CN codes 6214 to 6217 inclusive;
• Footwear, gaiters and similar products; parts and components of these products – CN codes 6401 to 6405 inclusive;
• Cast iron, iron and steel – CN codes 7213 and 7214.
The following parties are obliged to declare goods with a high fiscal risk:
• the recipient registered in the DVI import customs declaration or the shipper entered in the DVE export customs declaration if the transported goods are included in the list above;
• the Romanian recipient, in case the transported goods are from an EU country and fall into the above-mentioned risk groups;
• the Romanian supplier, in case it is a domestic transport or delivery of goods from risk groups to one of the EU countries;
• the owner of the warehouse, in case the subject of the transaction are risky goods within the EU, applies to goods unloaded in Romania for the purpose of storage / creating a new shipment of one or more shipments/goods loaded after storage or after creating a new shipment of one or more shipments on the territory of the state.
The following information is entered into the RO e-Transport System:
• Consignor and the beneficiary data;
• Name, the nature of goods, quantity and value of transported goods;
• Place of loading and unloading;
• Details of the means of transport and vehicle data;
After entering the transport data, the system will generate a unique UIT / ITU code, which is used for further identification of the goods. This code must be included in the transport documents (in electronic or physical form) and must accompany the goods that are being transported. Competent authorities will verify the declaration and the goods on the transport routes.
The UIT / ITU code is generated with a maximum of 3 calendar days before the declared date for the start of the transport but until the presentation at the road border crossing point at the entrance to Romania or at the place of import, respectively the actual setting in motion of the vehicle, where applicable. The validity period of the UIT / ITU code is 5 calendar days, starting with the date declared for the start of the transport. The use of the UIT / ITU code by the road transport operator beyond its expiry date is prohibited.
From 1 September 2022, the non-compliance with the obligation to report the transport of selected types of goods to the RO e-Transport System may result in a fine reaching RON 50,000 (approx. EUR 10,000) for individuals and RON 100,000 (approx. EUR 20,000) for legal persons. In addition, the value of undeclared goods will be confiscated.
The connection of the RO e-Transport System with other information systems at the level of the Ministry of Finance (MF), the National Agency for Fiscal Administration (ANAF) and the Customs Office (AVR) is intended to prevent illegal trade.
In this way, we would like to kindly ask you to clearly state in the orders which shipments must be registered in the RO e-Transport System for the reason that during the whole transport the driver has to have the valid UIT / ITU code. Without a valid UIT / ITU code it is not possible to arrange the truck transport of the above-mentioned shipments. Our company, METRANS / Danubia / a.s. takes no responsibility for any penalties or consequences resulting from failure to report each shipment involved or because of an incorrect UIT / ITU code provided.
Further information is available at: