New at METRANS: Container Gas Measurement for Safe Logistics Operations


Dear Customers,

did you know that according to a 2018 study, the average utilization of a shipping container is 65% of the total volume? In the remaining 35%, we only carry air. And that air has a different composition. Also gases.

These gaseous substances are mostly harmless, but there are some that can be highly harmful to our health.

Various vapours after the use of pesticides, herbicides, vapours from chemical surface treatments or gases that extend the shelf life of foodstuffs – they travel with the packaged goods, and can then be inhaled when the containers are opened.

For us at METRANS, it is important to protect the health of everyone who works in logistics. That’s why in 2019 we launched a pilot project at our terminal in Dunajská Streda to measure the concentration of gases in containers – without the need to open the container.

In the meantime, this technology is also evolving, and to keep up with the time, and to innovate, we have joined forces and knowledge of METRANS with ECO WORLDWIDE SOLUTIONS – EWS GROUP, which is one of the European leaders in the field of gas concentration measurement.

Thanks to our cooperation, we can not only measure, but we can also vent the containers.

Our common goal is to extend these services to our terminals in Czech Republic, Hungary and Poland in addition to Slovakia.

We are preparing an interesting information campaign. Keep an eye on our newsletters in the coming weeks, we are also preparing interesting demonstrations of these activities, and we are planning to hold workshops at selected terminals to show you the importance of this initiative.







© 2023 METRANS