Dear Business Partner,
Please let us inform you about the railway transport restrictions which will take place in July, August, and September 2021, received by the Slovenian railways:
We would like to inform you that in the future the following line and track closures will be performed on the SŽ network due to construction and maintenance works in order to maintain the safety and quality of transport at the highest level:
Ljubljana – Divaca – Sezana line; section Ljubljana – Brezovica
As part of the modernization project of the Ljubljana – Divača railway line, the renovation of the first section will begin in August. The modernization will last by sections until 2027.
From 16th August 2021 onwards, one track of the double track Ljubljana – Sežana m. on the section Ljubljana – Brezovica will be closed.
The capability of the line will be reduced on this section. Major obstacles to the implementation of the operational timetable are envisaged in Ljubljana area and on the Ljubljana – Divača section. Given the share of freight train traffic on the Ljubljana – Divača route, deviations from the timetable will also have an impact on the implementation of timetable on the entire SŽ network.
Divača – Koper line:
Due to urgent maintenance work, the following closures will be carried out in August and September.
• On 26 July 2021, from 8.00 to 18.00, daily closure of the Divača – Koper line;
• On 02.08.2021, from 8.00 to 18.00, daily closure of the Divača – Koper line;
• On 09.08.2021, from 8.00 to 18.00, daily closure of the Divača – Koper line;
• On 16 August 2021, from 8.00 to 18.00, daily closure of the Divača – Koper line;
• On 23 August 2021, from 8.00 to 18.00, daily closure of the Divača – Koper line;
• On 28.08.2021 from 06.00 to 2.9.2021 until 16.00 uninterrupted 130-hour total closure of the Divača – Koper line.
• On 06.09.2021, from 8.00 to 18.00, daily closure of the Divača – Koper line;
• On 13 September 2021, from 8.00 to 18.00, daily closure of the Divača – Koper line;
Maribor – Šentilj border
Due to the upgrade of the line on the section Maribor – Šentilj m. the following continuous closures will be carried out in August and September. http://www.krajsamorazdalje.si/projekti/zelezniska-proga-maribor-sentilj
• On 07.08.2021 from 06.00 to 09.08.2021 to 17.30
• On 14.08.2021 from 06.00 to 16.08.2021 to 17.30
• On 21.08.2021 from 06.00 to 23.08.2021 to 17.30
• On 25.09.2021 from 06.00 to 27.09.2021 to 17.30
Kresnice – Laze
From 16 August to 22 August 2021, there will be a continuous closure of one track of the double-track line Dobova m. – Ljubljana on the section Kresnice – Laze.
Above mentioned closures will have a certain impact on the traffic of freight trains, so we kindly ask for maximum cooperation, flexibility, and adjustment of plans so that impact of foreseen closures on the freight train traffic will be limited to a minimum.
These restrictions might have an affect on the transit time of our trains from / to Koper.
In case of any questions regarding the actual planning of your transport orders and transit times from/to Koper, please do not hesitate to contact our Customer Service Department.